The winter severity raster data set, calculated as % of the time that a cell is covered by snow from 1 October to 31 march next year is now in the EURODEER database. It is based on MODIS Snow (500 meters resolution). It is calculated using the PostGIS function ST_UNION per tile and per year over the whole MODIS Snow time series. This new time series is available in the table env_data_ts.winter_severity. The code is accessible at GITHUB EURODEER. It can also be used as a starting point for other functions that aggregate time series according to specific criteria. On request, it can be also made available as a set of .tif images (one per winter, or as long term average).
- October 2019 (1)
- March 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (4)
- May 2018 (1)
- April 2018 (3)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (2)
- January 2018 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- September 2017 (3)
- May 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (1)
- June 2016 (3)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (5)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (4)
- Added 2 study areas in Pt
- XI EURODEER meeting
- Snow cover data updated
- One more: EuroWILDCAT!
- Welcome to EuroLYNX
- Course on Data Management
- AfriMove Project is born!
- New covariate: Phenology
- X EURODEER meeting
- New EURODEER paper accepted
- New EURODEER documentation
- EURODEER logo
- EUROUNGULATES contributes to a paper on Science!
- New EURODEER partner: welcome to Wageningen University!
- New EURODEER partner: welcome to University College Dublin!
- New covariate: EU-DEM
- New covariate: forest density
- New covariate: Corine Land Cover 2012
- IX Eurodeer meeting concluded
- Database upgrade
- New covariate: Winter severity
- Website: new documents and training
- EURODEER paper n. 006 accepted!
- EURODEER paper n. 005 accepted!
- Examples of use of DB functions on GitHub
- EUROBOAR presented at 11th ISWOS in Luxembourg
- Euroboar platform presented at Moscheta
- First EUROBOAR meeting concluded
- EURODEER at University of Florida
- Updated map of EURODEER
- EURODEER goes to Harvard Museum
- VIII EURODEER meeting on June 29th 2016 in Italy
- EURODEER on GITHUB
- New species-specific database organization
- A project management tool for EURODEER
- EURODEER goes to New Zealand
- New EURODEER website released
- Launch of the EUROUNGULATES initiative
- Special Feature “Stuck in Motion?” published on JAE
- Publication of “A plea for standards in reporting data collected by animal-borne electronic devices” on AB
- Congratulations to Wibke Peters for her PhD